HERA particle accelerator: electron Beam Loss Monitor lifetime disruption plots
The rate of beam loss monitor events from lo to hi is given as a coloured area plot over:
- x-axis: time.
- y-axis (lower): the index of the Electron Beam Loss Monitor (BLME) around the HERA electron storage ring.
- y-axis (upper): the electron beam current.
Disruptions of the electron beam lifetime by charged macroparticles are revealed in the plots as slanted "hot" rate streaks. The novel plot strategy confirmed the existence, nature, scale and frequecny of the suspected disruptions.
Support Java EE !
Use Java EE ? Sign this petition from the Java EE Guardians and tell Oracle to move forward Java EE as a critical part of the global IT Industry
- Science zone
- Galleries index: Science
- Gallery: Science: examples
- Scientific instruments
- Data analysis and visualisation
- Symbolic Algebra zone
- Cognitive Science zone
- Biology zone
- Astrophysics & Astronomy zone
- Synthesis zone
- Mathematics zone