Tags and keywords
A nice Block diagramming pattern for MagicDraw/CameoThe system shall be presented slightly differently in this trail, keeping in mind:
For each Block we'll see (where applicable):
- A "focus" BDD for a single Block.
- The focus Block symbol emphasised through increased line width.
- The parts and/or values and/or ports listing compartments of the focus Block.
- Any extending «scenario» block for it (suffixed with
_S1) showing typical run values (if present).
- Any ConstraintBlock that supports it, including its Constraint equations and parameters.
- Any StateMachine that supports it.
- An "embedded" Internal Block Diagram (IBD) for the focus Block OR a Parametric Diagram for its supporting ConstraintBlock (if present) OR a StateMachine Diagram for its supporting StateMachine (if present).
This navigation pattern will make more sense as we work through the trail to the more specific blocks that do the work, this top-level one just carries some parts. Note also that in most IBDs the Type of each Port won't be shown, they are just shown here once at the top-level.
For educational/illustrative purposes here we'll expose the :parts and/or :values listing compartments in IBDs. If you are following a strict systems engineering approach while developing a system, you might like to have both black-box and white/gray-box IBD views.
We're going to drill down into the easier
HumidifiedRoom side of the system first.