Under: Options → Project → Diagram Info:
- DISABLE: 'Diagram Name' (rely instead on the named Diagram frame)
- ENABLE: 'Last Modified by' (may be different from creation 'Author')
- ENABLE: 'Show Diagram Info' for improved teamwork tracking and records.
- DISABLE: 'Use Gradient Fill', '3D Shadow', 'Show Grid' for clearer diagrams and better printing; a hidden grid usually remains active behind the scenes.
- Even when using a data projector 'Use Gradient Fill' can be less clear.
- '3D Shadow' can be nice for pretty presentations, but steals some space.
Webel Best Practice: Colours: Strongly recommend (insist) use black symbol borders and no symbol fill (or white symbol fill) EXCEPT for special highlighting. DO NOT use the default VENDOR-SPECIFIC line and fill colours for symbols!
Webel Best Practice: Colours: Very strongly recommend (insist) DO NOT use shadows or gradient fill adornments on diagrams!
Webel Best Practice: Webel: Recommend maintain a basic black-and-white style file for starting new projects. Webel course attendees have access to a basic Webel.stl file (or clone and tune the 'OMG SysML style').