Cameo Simulation Toolkit® is an execution framework plugin for MagicDraw® UML, the MD SysML Plugin, and Cameo Systems Modeler® that is based on the OMG fUML and W3C SCXML standards. It can be used with most (but not quite all) notations for Unified Modeling Language (UML®) and Systems Modeling Language (SysML®).
Getting this plugin can help take your understanding of UML Behavior to the next level! Please note the following carefully:
- The product name including the word ‘Cameo’ can easily be misunderstood as implying it can simulate everything in SysML (because Cameo Systems Modeler® is “SysML-based”). It can simulate quite a lot but not all of SysML.
- It uses a vendor-specific variation on (the older) ’Semantics of a Foundational Subset for Executable UML Models (fUML®) Version 1.3’, and in fact goes far beyond fUML®.
- As of Jun 2020 the current fUML® version is 1.4; fUML is a subset only, it does not (and is not intended to) cover all of UML-2.5.1
- Cameo Simulation Toolkit® DOES NOT directly use the fUML-RI reference implementation!
- Cameo Simulation Toolkit® DOES NOT implement everything fUML covers (most notably AcceptCallAction and ReplyAction)
- Cameo Simulation Toolkit® DOES however implement many things (such as Property::defaultValue in many cases) that fUML does not cover.
- Cameo Simulation Toolkit 19SP3 SUPPORTS (at least partially) State Chart XML (SCXML) the State Machine Notation for Control Abstraction
Webel IT is developing list of mini and full tutorial videos that show exactly what does and does not work, such as this detailed tutorial video on Activities and StateCharts. See also the linked videos under Visit Also
If you are going to work with UML/SysML simulation it is strongly recommended you look into the Alf Plugin
DISCLAIMER: Webel IT Australia does not represent No Magic or Dassault Systèmes - the developers of the MagicDraw® UML, MD SysML Plugin, Cameo Systems Modeler®, and Cameo Simulation Toolkit® tools. Please refer sales and technical support questions to No Magic. Webel IT Australia offers IT Training Courses in UML® and SysML® and in expert use of these supporting tools.